We pulled out the fence, fertilized the hell out of the rhododendron, divided the hosta, and moved the sedum to three big clumps in the backyard. We also dug up the lily of the valley and donated it to a local plant sale. Here's what it looks like today:
I decided on a purple/chartreuse/orange color scheme, and I tried to think about when things bloom, so there would always be something pretty to look at. Here's what's what:
Now that the garden is kind-of decent, all I can see is how much I hate the front porch colors. But that project will have to wait. I'll share 'why' in a few weeks. Later this week, I'll tell you about a few really nice days I spend in Indianapolis.